Last modified on November 18, 2020
Use of Our Platforms
Intellectual Property and Service Content
Unless otherwise noted, all content on the Platforms, including articles, artwork, screen shots, graphics, logos, videos, images, downloads and other files, is the property of Hair Club and is protected by United States and international copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property laws. The Hair Club Platforms and all their features, materials, along with the information they display, the marketing collateral used, and the trademarks, logos, copyrights and service marks (“Marks”) used are protected by the intellectual property rights of Hair Club® and or third parties under agreement with Hair Club. The unauthorized use and or appropriation of these Marks or materials without the prior written consent of Hair Club or any third-party owner of the Mark is illegal and Hair Club actively polices and enforces its intellectual property rights. You agree to comply with all copyright laws worldwide in your use of the Platforms, as such You understand and agree that You must refrain from any unauthorized copying or use of the Marks. Except as expressly provided herein, Hair Club does not grant any express or implied right to you under this Agreement.
Hair Club either owns the intellectual property rights, claims common law rights, or has obtained authorization from the intellectual property owners of the HTML, text, images, audio, video, software or other content that is made available on the Platforms including but not limited to the following trademarks Hair Club®, Hair Club for Men®, Hair Club for Women®, Maxxam®, Trima®, Hair Club for Kids®, EXT®, EXT Extreme Hair Therapy®, Strand-by-Strand®, Polyfuse®, Xtrands®, Xtrands+®, InvisiSkin™, Strand Builder™, Best Tressed™, MicroDermal Pigmentation™, MDP™, HairFit™.
Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by any third-parties on the Platforms represent their own views and not those of Hair Club. You should not rely on such opinions, advice or other information. Neither Hair Club nor any of its affiliates or their respective agents, directors, employees, information providers, licensors, licensees, officers and/or affiliates shall be responsible or liable for any decisions made based on such information.
Hair Club honors the intellectual property rights of others and asks the same of its users and visitors of the Platforms. Hair Club may, in its sole discretion, terminate the accounts or access rights of users whose actions infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property rights of others. Hair Club will investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying with the DMCA, Hair Club will act to remove or disable access to any material found to be infringing or found to be the subject of infringing activity and will act to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is found to be infringing.
If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Hair Club with the following information. Please be advised that to be effective pursuant to Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, the Notification must include ALL of the following:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site with information reasonably sufficient to permit Hair Club to identify the material;
- your address, telephone number, and email address and all other information reasonably sufficient to permit Hair Club to contact you;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices of claimed copyright infringement should be directed to:
Attn: Legal Department
1499 W. Palmetto Park Road, Suite 300
Boca Raton, FL 33486
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THE PRECEDING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING HAIR CLUB THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT MATERIAL OR ACTIVITY ON THE WEBSITE IS INFRINGING YOUR COPYRIGHT, YOU MAY BE HELD LIABLE FOR DAMAGES (INCLUDING COSTS AND ATTORNEYS' FEES) UNDER SECTION 512(F) OF THE DMCA.
ALL OTHER INQUIRIES, SUCH AS PRODUCT OR SERVICE RELATED QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS, OR QUESTIONS ON PRIVACY, WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS.
Links To Other Websites or Social Media Applications or Platforms
Availability of Hair Club Platforms
You acknowledge that temporary interruptions in the availability of the Hair Club Platforms may occasionally occur. Hair Club specifically disclaims any liability for damages due to such interruptions. The Hair Club Platforms and the content therein may include inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors, as such Hair Club. If you use the Hair Club website or HairFit application from locations outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. Hair Club makes no representation that the products and services referenced in its Platforms are appropriate, or available worldwide, and in fact, may not be available worldwide.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON OR THROUGH THE PLATFORMS IS MADE AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES. HAIR CLUB MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE PLATFORMS OR THEIR CONTENT AND OR ANY RELIANCE THEREON. ANY MATERIAL ON THE PLATFORMS MAY BE OUT OF DATE AT ANY GIVEN TIME. HAIR CLUB EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDINB BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE PLATFORMS, THE SERVCE, THE CONTENT, AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE FURNISHED OR TO BE FURNISHED VIA THE PLATFORMS. HAIR CLUB DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS PEFORMED BY THE PLATFORMS OR THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY IT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE PLATFORMS OR HAIR CLUB PROVIDED SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. HAIR CLUB DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT, OR THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED. THE PLATFORMS, THE SERVICE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND ALL USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE HAIRFIT APPLICATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
FROM TIME TO TIME THE PLATFORMS MAY INCLUDE CONTENT PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OTHER USERS LIKE YOU, BLOGGERS AND THIRD-PARTY LICENSORS OR OTHERS. ALL STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN USER PROVIDED MATERIALS, AND ALL ARTICLES AND RESPONSES TO QUESTIONS AND OTHER CONTENT, OTHER THAN THE CONTENT PROVIDED BY HAIR CLUB, ARE SOLELY THE OPINIONS AND THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON OR ENTITY PROVIDING THOSE MATERIALS. THESE MATERIALS DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE OPINION OF HAIR CLUB. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONTENT OR ACCURACY OF ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED BY ANY THIRD PARTIES.
Limitations of Liability
TO THE EXTENT ANY JURISDICTION DOES NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION SHALL NOT APPLY.
User Rights and Restrictions
- Change or remove any copyright and other proprietary notices from content on the Platforms;
- Copy, modify, or create derivative works based on, the content, materials or Marks in the Platforms;
- Use, or facilitate the use of, any unauthorized third-party software (e.g. bots, mods, hacks, and scripts) to modify or automate operation within the Platforms whether for yourself or for a third party;
- Use the content, materials or Marks in any manner: (a) suggesting an association with any other products, services, or brands (b) that is likely to cause confusion among customers, (c) that disparages or discredits Hair Club, (d) that is otherwise exploitative for any commercial purpose; or (e) that otherwise infringes our intellectual property rights;
- Download quantities of content, materials, or Marks to a database for any reason;
- Decompose, disassemble, or reverse engineer any part of any Platforms, or otherwise use any Hair Club provided service for any purpose other than those provided for and or contemplated by us and in conjunction with the operations of the Platforms or Hair Club services;
- Use any Platforms for the benefit of any third party or transfer access to the Services to any third party;
- Use the Platforms, materials, content or services for commercial purposes, including, but not limited to: (a) selling access to all or part of the Materials; or (b) placing advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on or within the Platforms or content;
- Avoid, circumvent, or disable any security or digital rights management protocols or mechanism in any Platforms;
- Infiltrate any system used to operate the Platforms;
- Take any action to cause, or exploit, known or latent malfunctions, bugs or other defects in the Platforms or system used to operate the Platforms; or
- Attempt to circumvent any restriction in the Platforms based upon age, geography, or other restriction imposed by us.
Furthermore, You must comply with all applicable laws and legal obligations, including those pertaining to such areas as: copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws, libel, slander, defamation, trade libel, product disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, tort, obscenity, indecency, and copyright or trademark infringement. Violations of applicable laws may give rise to civil and/or criminal prosecution and penalties.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any Hair Club accounts, login ID and password you use in connection with the Platforms, including by not reusing passwords you have used with the HairFit App or Hair Club website for any other account. You agree that Hair Club will not be responsible for any losses arising out of any unauthorized use of your Hair Club accounts.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any material to the Platforms that could: (i) interfere with anyone else's use of the Platforms; (ii) be considered abusive, illegal, indecent, obscene, offensive, discriminating or threatening in any way; (iii) encourage anyone to break the law; (iv) violate anyone's copyright or other property right; (v) interfere with the privacy of any other user; (vi) contain a virus or any other harmful component; or (vii) contain false or misleading statements of fact or descriptions of the origin of the material or the communication.
Although we may from time to time monitor or review postings, transmissions, and the like on the Platforms, we are under no obligation to do so, and assume no liability or responsibility arising from the contents of any such communications. We may change, edit, or remove any User Content or conversations that we deem illegal, indecent, obscene, offensive, or otherwise violating our policies in any way. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
HairFit Application Accounts
In order to access some features on the Platforms, you will need to create a HairFit account ("HairFit Account") and you agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself ("Profile Data").
- Maintain and promptly update the Profile Data to keep it accurate.
- Only maintain one HairFit Account.
- Never use another person's HairFit Account.
- Bear full responsibility for the activity on your HairFit Account and the security of your account credentials.
Surveys, Sweepstakes, Quizzes & Contests
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
1499 W. Palmetto Park Road, Suite 300
Boca Raton, FL 33486
By Email – For Customer Service or if you wish to no longer receive information from Hair Club: